Payment Terms and Conditions of studio booking / hire (rev2.1)
This covers the main stage areas and AV suite.
Client – The person hiring the studio space(s) extending to their client, if being booked on behalf of or for the purpose of them, and/or any representative (staff or sub contracted) of the client as defined
Studio(s) – Stage A Studios
Hire – The agreed start and end period of the studio hire as per booking form.
General Terms & Conditions:
- On booking the Studio for the purposes of filming, photography or performance, the client accepts that he/she is satisfied with the facility and that he/she has deemed it to be suitable for the purposes of the hire.
- Stage A Studios operates a healthy publicity campaign. With the client consent, we will carefully and respectfully use some any images/footage we may have taken of the shoot on our website, blog and any social networking for wider studio promotional purposes.
- Stage A Studios has been treated for sound to reduce external noise and to limit internal echo as much as possible. It is not a full sound stage and the client accepts that they have checked the sound qualities of the space(s) and has deemed it to be suitable for the purposes of the hire.
- On completion of the last day of the hire the client will be responsible for clearing the Studio and hospitality areas used of all lighting equipment, furniture, shooting equipment, food, drink, props, including building and general waste – except where these items have been provided for by the studio. Where general and excessive waste is left at the premises the Studio will secure an appropriate sized commercial skip and pass the associated costs for the waste removal, together with a £100 administration fee, onto the client as part of the balance invoice.
- The client agrees to compensate the Studio for loss, damage or distress to equipment, facilities, or to the fabric of the studio itself, if caused by the client intentionally (through agreed set build work) or un-internationally.
- The Studio premises are located near to a residential area. Clients must respect the studio’s neighbours by keeping noise to a minimum between the hours of 11:00pm and 6:00am, especially when arriving and leaving.
- The Studio cannot under any circumstances be held responsible for fines incurred by clients and their visitors who park their vehicles in contravention of prevailing traffic laws.
- Clients must not use the public roads and pavements surrounding the studio premises to store any items.
- Smoking (incl E-Cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere within the internal studio premises. A smoking area is provided externally.
- The standard period of studio hire is 10 hours between the hours of 08:00- 18:00, overtime is charged hourly as per rates updated on www.stageastudios.com/prices.
- Current Studio hire rates can be obtained from www.stageastudios.com/prices.
- Crew are available on-site, but are all charged additionally to studio stages – these costs will be discussed separately.
- Mains electricity has an allocation in the studio hire rate. Any units over this allocation are chargeable. Updated rates are shown on the rate card at www.stageastudios.com/prices.
- Different rates apply for set builds and strikes. These can be found at www.stageastudios.com/prices.
Booking / Payment
Verbal confirmation is not an accepted formal booking confirmation method and a hire is only confirmed once a booking form has been completed, these terms and conditions read and accepted by the client AND the deposit paid. Until this time chosen dates will remain available for other enquiries and may therefore become unavailable if enquiries from alternative bookings complete this full booking process ahead.
- The Studio hours start from the time the client enters the Studio or from the agreed booking time – whichever is the sooner.
- 50% deposit to book any part of the studio
- 50% (and any balance) on completion of the shoot
- Overtime is payable at rates on www.stageastudios.com/prices
- Our rate-card offers discount based on ‘days hired’ we can also create packages
- VAT is payable on prices quoted at the current rate.
- A deposit of 50% is required to book the studio. The remainder of the fee including charges for additional services must be settled by the Client on the last day of the studio hire. Charges apply for cancellation of a shoot within the periods on the website.
Any cancellations, postponements or other date changes are charged at 50% of the studio rate per day. If cancelled within 24 hours of the booking 100% of fees become payable. Once the booking form has been signed and the studio has been formerly confirmed for use by a corresponding production; any cancellations or change to agreed dates would be liable to incur a cancellation fee.
Stage A Studios reserve the right of discretion regarding any changes to dates made after the confirmation agreement. This would purely be dependent on studio space and crew availability for the new date
Studio Lighting & Electrical
- The studio is covered by public liability insurance. The client is responsible for its production insurance and for any instances / liability caused by the use of their own or hired equipment.
13.1. The studio presumes that anyone operating any of its equipment is competent with its use. It is the studio hirer’s responsibility to pre-determine that all crew are capable and qualified for the job they are doing and will be held liable for any misuse or damages incurred.
13.2. The Studio is only liable for the hiring of equipment where an equipment list is agreed in writing (itemised on booking form) prior to shooting.
13.3. The Studio is liable for the performance and safety of its own electrical equipment.
13.4. The client should ensure that all electric equipment they bring to the studio is PAT tested and safe to use. Any equipment not PAT tested will not be allowed to be used on the premises. PAT testing can be arranged ahead at additional cost.
13.5. Power output stated on our floorplan is the maximum you will be permitted to use from mains electricity for stage/room booked. This floorplan should be provided to a qualified electrician/gaffer to ascertain if additional power is required. It is The Studio Client responsibility to check with the Studio at the time of booking to ensure that sufficient power is available for the planned shoot.
13.6. Power cuts from the National Grid are not deemed to be the responsibility of the Studio; the Studio will not be held liable for any losses incurred as a result of power cuts.
Health & Safety
- While in the studio, the hirer is responsible for their own (and third parties employed through them) insurance cover against theft, loss or damage to their own equipment. STAGE A Studios will not be held liable for any claims whatsoever made by the hirer or substituent individuals working on any one particular shoot.
- The hirer is responsible for and liable for their own insurance to cover personal injury to crew and cast, plus liability to any third parties involved. Stage A Studios has £2m public liability insurance.
- Studio Clients are responsible for the health & safety of their shoot.
- Studio Clients should carry out a hazard assessment prior to their shoot.
- Studio Clients must acquaint themselves with the Studio’s emergency procedures prior to shooting. These will be found at the entrance lobby to each studio, and in the Main Reception area of the building.
- In the event of injury, the Studio provides a First Aid Kit. However, the studio is unable to provide First Aid qualified personnel without additional cost. It is the responsibility of The Studio Client to ensure there is a fully qualified first aider on-stage at all times.
- It is requested that all areas are kept clean and workable during the period of hire. The hirer should ensure areas are cleared regularly of food / drinks and disposed of correctly and maintain a well-kept environment as much as possible.
- For security purposes all Studio Clients, their crews and cast members will be asked to sign in and out.
- The Studio won’t be held responsible for Studio Clients’ lost, stolen or damaged goods or equipment on the studio premises at any time. All goods and equipment are brought onto the studio premises entirely at the owner’s risk.
- Any parking provided by the studio is used at one’s own risk – the studio accepts no responsibility for any damage or theft to any vehicle.
- By signing this booking form; you agree:
- The described nature of the shoot: music, drama, commercial, corporate, performance, etc.
- The precise nature of any paint-work to be carried out by the studio together with associated costs.
- To abide by the payment terms.
- Only requested hospitality rooms are to be included in the studio hire.
- Only to bring the specified amount of people to the shoot (crew, cast, production).
- All personal items are the responsibility of the individual. Any facility provided by the studio e.g phone charging or music stations are used at the individuals risk and Stage A will accept no responsibility for loss or damage to items.
The client should inform the Studio of certain aspects of a shoot that might necessitate specific precautionary measures or the provision of additional facilities or services.
Click here for a downloadable .pdf of Terms and conditions (rev2.1)